“Subsumption?” I hear you say, “What’s that?” Subsumption is a form of behaviour based robotics where multiple behaviours can control a robot using a hierarchical system. However, don’t take my word for it! Check out Thom Roach’s great new blog. He’s written some really ace articles on the subject without reverting to dry stuffy theory like you see in most research papers. Using clear text and simple diagrams he shows us how you could make a simple robot that uses subsumption to get around. Be sure to read them in reverse chronological order!
Infrastructure architect by day, and robotics enthusiast by night. Xander builds and programs robots and sensors. He is also one of the founders of the Mindboards forums. As a member of the LEGO MCP, he helps spread the word about the LEGO Mindstorms robotics platform.
- Gary: Nice h/w Zander. I'll be following your posts on this project. I may invest
- EliBM: and the third part is here. Lego EV3, NXT AND RCX over Wifi http://
- Xander: Hi there, You cannot read the sensor's values with SensorValue. You have t
- Tom Hulbert: Hi I am mentored by Tristan and he said to look at your example code and
- Xander: Sometimes it is useful to pick another channel if there's a lot of interfer