“Subsumption?” I hear you say, “What’s that?” Subsumption is a form of behaviour based robotics where multiple behaviours can control a robot using a hierarchical system. However, don’t take my word for it! Check out Thom Roach’s great new blog. He’s written some really ace articles on the subject without reverting to dry stuffy theory like you see in most research papers. Using clear text and simple diagrams he shows us how you could make a simple robot that uses subsumption to get around. Be sure to read them in reverse chronological order!
Infrastructure architect by day, and robotics enthusiast by night. Xander builds and programs robots and sensors. He is also one of the founders of the Mindboards forums. As a member of the LEGO MCP, he helps spread the word about the LEGO Mindstorms robotics platform.
- Pi Uninterrupted: OpenElectrons PiUPS March 6, 2014 at 9:21
- Invitation to LEGO Education Community March 4, 2014 at 14:21
- EV3 Build Your Own Block and HDK/SDK Docs Available February 19, 2014 at 8:53
- Cool Project: EV3 and NXT over WiFi February 10, 2014 at 8:19
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Windows Themes February 9, 2014 at 8:34
- Xander: Hi Ian, This source code was given to me by TLG to put online. It is inde
- Iain Haslam: This is great, thanks. May I ask where you got the code from originally?
- Henrique Furtado: I have lost the program because i got i new computer, thanks for the link
- Xander: Since when does software not have bugs? This build was made for third part
- John: I got this from NI in October. The full release is scheduled for the second