“Subsumption?” I hear you say, “What’s that?” Subsumption is a form of behaviour based robotics where multiple behaviours can control a robot using a hierarchical system. However, don’t take my word for it! Check out Thom Roach’s great new blog. He’s written some really ace articles on the subject without reverting to dry stuffy theory like you see in most research papers. Using clear text and simple diagrams he shows us how you could make a simple robot that uses subsumption to get around. Be sure to read them in reverse chronological order!
Infrastructure architect by day, and robotics enthusiast by night. Xander builds and programs robots and sensors. He is also one of the founders of the Mindboards forums. As a member of the LEGO MCP, he helps spread the word about the LEGO Mindstorms robotics platform.
- Leivo: We measured it with an oscsilloscope. Ultrasonic is sending in every 22ms
- Leivo: Which is which? This was so easy :) T - Transmitter R - Receiver Simple
- Sylvain Cacheux: Congratulations Xander! What a change! Indeed, as we say "with Lego, every
- Xander: Yeah, unfortunately they were eaten when I migrated to the stand-alone Word
- Jetro: It appears some of your pictures have gone AWOL :(