I was lucky enough to be part of the debugging and testing of the internal builds as Dick and Tim hacked away to squash the evil bugs. It makes you appreciate the amount of work required to make a new major release (i.e. going from 1.x to 2.x) a little more.
Anyway, the list of improvements and fixes is HUGE. A lot of nice features were added to make ROBOTC more attractive to not just the beginner and intermediate but also the more experienced programmers. Many of the requested features on the forums have now become part of the latest release:
- A tabbed interface; you can now have multiple files open and work on them simultaneously.
- More configurable interface, it has more of a Visual Studio 2005 look now.
- Better Motor and Sensor Setup Wizard with more options.
- The documentation has undergone a major metamorphosis; it includes sample code and much better explanations.
- A live start page with regularly updated news about the ROBOTC community. I mention it because it also features a link to my 3rd Party ROBOTC Driver Suite 🙂
There are many other improvements, of course. For all the details, I suggest you head over to Robotics Academy, where you can find list of changes here: [LINK]. You can download 2.00 for the NXT right here: [LINK].
Get your copy today!