Sunday morning and all is quiet in the Soldaat house. This is the current state of my Lego Lair, as my wife likes to call it. It’s a bit of a mess and I’m starting to have trouble finding things on my desk. When I am done writing this post, I’ll do some tidying up.
Some cool things I’m working on that I can talk about:
- Testing the upcoming Dexter Industries GPS Sensor;
- An enhanced version of the IR Link Power Functions library, motor control will be close the native ROBOTC NXT motor functions. This is almost completed, needs additional comments and documentation;
- RCX to NXT (and vice versa) messaging via IR using the IR Link, using both the standard single byte and ROBOTC’s enhanced two-byte protocol. This is working well now. Thanks to Thorsten for testing this stuff. It needs a bit of tidying up and documentation;
- Playing with the new MSP430 Launchpad boards that came in the other day. I can make the LEDs blink (!);
- Playing with the Rotacaster wheels.
With all these peripherals, I need more USB ports on this laptop. It has just 3 of them (plus a USB/E-SATA port). However, that said, it comes with a genuine COM port! That’s a pretty rare thing for modern laptops but it’s great when I am working with both the RCX IR Tower –and- the I2C protocol analyser.
It’s fun to be a tinkerer!