A new release of the Driver Suite has been uploaded to Source Forge.
- A driver for the new HiTechnic Magnetic Sensor has been added, together with an example program for normal use and for with the Sensor MUX.
- Added a driver to send and receive messages to and from an RCX using the IR Link. You can also control motors and make it play sounds. More functionality will be added in future releases.
- Simplified functionality to control PF motors using the IR Link. You can now control a motor by using a single function, PFMotor(), without having to resend the command continuously. This is part of the HTIRL-NG driver. The normal HTIRL driver will be phased out in the next release.
- Added support for the new Lego E-Meter. You can now use your NXT as a multimeter.
- The Mindsensors MSDIST driver now configures itself, you no longer need to specify which Sharp IR module is connected to it.
- The Mindsensors NXTCam can now be configured in line tracking mode.
- John Hansen for providing me with the technical info for the Lego E-Meter
- David Cosimano for sending me one.
- Thorsten Benter for sending me an RCX, IR Tower and USB-Serial converter so that I could write the IR Link RCX driver.
- Gus Jansson for testing the Magnetic Sensor driver and finding some bugs in it.
Without the help from these folks this would’ve been a rather small update.
You can download it from the usual spot: [LINK].