This post is coming to you from La Belle France. I’ve been here vacationing for the past two weeks together with my wife. We’ve been staying mostly at my dad’s place but had a great 5-day trip to the Pyrenean mountains.
A lot of stuff has happened since I last posted. I’ve compiled a little list:
- I will be doing a talk about the LEGO Mindstorms NXT platform at the Competa Conference Center on 18 September 2011 in Rijswijk. Doors open at 18:00 for food and drinks and the actual talk will start at 19:00. It’s open to anyone, but you should sign up so they can keep track of how many people are coming. You can do that here: [LINK].
- Andy Millluzzi has started his own blog (about time, to be honest). You can find it here: [LINK].
- The very same Andy has released the NXT-G blocks to allow you to use the RS485 functionality on the NXT. You can find those files here: [LINK]. Note that you will need to use the enhanced firmware to use these blocks.
- Mindsensors have released the Teemino, a Google ADK compatible board. They’re going to be releasing an NXT-compatible shield for it very soon. This will rock big time.
- The NXT Step blog has had a complete redesign. Now that they’ve fixed the colours a little, I am really loving the new layout. Great job!
- In other NXT Step news, their forums have been made read-only. For all your forum-chatting news, please check out the Mindboards forums: [LINK]. You will need to create an account for the SourceForge website, after which you can register on the forums. The forums have plenty of members of the MCP and other very helpful denizens, so be sure to check it out!
- I almost forgot! My pure LEGO omniwheels were featured on the Make: Online blog!
Anyway, I’ll be back in the LEGO Lair in a couple of days, so until then, “Au revoir et a bientot!”.