2011 was a big year for my blog and NXT-sensor land. I moved from a hosted WordPress blog on wordpress.com to my own one on HostGator.com. I’ve never been happier about a hosting company. We had some major issues with our previous one (Hostway) which hosted my wife’s site. Now both her sites and this one live on a Hostgator server, somewhere in a Florida Data Center.
2011 also brought us some really cool sensors:
- Dexter Industries released the WiFi Sensor, Inertial Motion Sensor, Thermal Infrared Sensor and the NXTBee
- Mindsensors released their Touch Panel, NXTRelayDriver, Pneumatic Valve Kit, NXShield-D, NXShield-M and the Teemino.
- HiTechnic unleashed their SuperPro Prototype Board and Barometric Sensor
- MicroInfinity came out with the CruizCore XG1300L
- Not a sensor but still worth mentioning are the awesome Rotacaster Onniwheels which finally made it to production.
So, 12 sensors in 2011. Will 2012 bring us 13 new ones? I already know of a couple of things that are in the works and I think you’ll like them! So keep coming back and I’ll be sure to keep you informed on the latest and greatest in NXT sensors in 2012!