Dexter Industries have released a new version of their very successful BrickPi, the BrickPi+. It sports quite a number of improvements over its predecessors:
- It now plays nice with EV3 sensors, that’s very cool.
- It has better motor protection by adding a more powerful motor controller chip, which has improved back-EMF and overheating handling.
- You can keep track of your battery’s power, which is handy if you want to find a safe spot to park your robot before the juice runs out.
- A very nice looking, enclosed case with sensor and motor labels engraved on it.
- A more robust power connection using a standard 5V barrel connector.
- The firmware has had a complete overhaul.
- It looks like it sits more comfortably on the smaller Raspberry Pis (A+, B+ V2)
All the software is open source, of course and readily available on Github. You can read the original post on DI’s website here: [LINK].