Finally, after what seemed an eternity, a 2.0 final version has been released of the ROBOTC Driver Suite. There are many, many changes since the 1.x version of the suite, not so many if you’ve been using the betas.
The suite now supports more than 50 sensors and has been downloaded over 4300 times since March 2009. I’d like to thank all of my users for continuing to use this suite. The feedback you give me is great, so keep it coming with the suggestions, bug reports and patches.
I have changed the location of the online documentation and project page. They are now both hosted on this website to make things a bit easier for me.
The project page is here: [LINK]
The project documentation can be found right here: [LINK]
Where can I download it?
You can get it at the usual place: [LINK]. The files will continue to be hosted at Sourceforge.
The changelog is fairly extensive, so I’ve made a bit of a condensed version.
- HiTechnic Barometric Sensor (Driver name: HTBM)
- Dexter Industries 6-DOF IMU (Driver name: DIMU)
- Dexter Industries Thermal Infra Red Sensor (Driver name: TIR)
- MicroInfinity CruizCore XG1300L (Driver name: MICC)
- Added example MSMMUX-test2.c to show how to use MMUX with a daisy chained sensor (DIST-nx)
- Removed unnecessary common.h includes from examples
- Changed arrays from structs to just typedefs, all drivers have been adjusted
- motor mux stuff split off from common.h
- All SMUX supported drivers now use new SMUX mechanism
- Modified common.h to separate SMUX functions from rest using defines
- removed ubyteToInt from all drivers and common.h
- test programs have had their sensor types reconfigured, you will need ROBOTC 2.26
- HTSMUX-driver.h newly added, has all the new SMUX functions split from common.h
- MMUX-common.h newly added, contains all the MMUX functions split from common.h
- common.h: substituted functions with macros: min2, min3, max2, max3, clip to save memory, places all instances of previous
- functions in drivers.
- added min/max functions for floats
- light-common.h: newly added, adds RGBtoHSV conversion
- HTCS-driver.h/HTCS2-driver.h: added functions for HSV values
- Removed single axis functions from HTAC-driver.h
- Removed functions for single signal strength in HTIRS and HTIRS2.
- Removed No Wait functions from EOPD driver
- Removed HTIRL-NG, is now named HTIRL
- All applicable Mindsensors sensors now have an optional “address” argument that can be ommitted if using the default
- Removed #defines for HTGYROsetCal() in HTGYRO-driver.h
- Minor internal bug fixes in MSMMUX-driver.h and NXTCAM-driver.h
- Fixed MSDISTsendCmd()
- HTMC-driver.h: Improved relative heading algorithm
- added DGPSreadTravHeading() to DGPS-driver.h and fixed commands
- Changed arguments from byte to ubyte in MSLL-driver.h