ROBOTC 4.10 has been released for all platforms, VEX and MINDSTORMS. The list of changes is enormous,you can find the complete overview here: [LINK]. Here’s a list of the changes, copied from the aforementioned link. I have highlighted the changes pertaining to LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3.
It seems that the Driver Suite has not been included with this release. Fear not! You can download it right here: [LINK]. Just click the Download Zip button (or the link here). The cool thing is, some of the drivers have the new struct based API. To see which ones have been migrated, have a look at the Excel sheet (status_drivers.xlsx) that is included in the repo.
- Full support for the VEX IQ platform in ‘Robot Virtual Worlds’ – Updated “Curriculum Companion” to support VEX IQ
- Support for VEX IQ 2.4Ghz International Radios (Requires VEX IQ Firmware 1.10 or newer)
- Initial Support for I2C devices with EV3 platform
- Updated Graphical Natural Language with new colors and commands!
- Support for nMotorEncoderTarget in Virtual Worlds (NXT & Cortex Platforms)
- Support for motor synchronization in Robot Virtual Worlds (NXT Platform)
- Initial update of ROBOTC documentation (VEX Cortex/IQ Platforms)
- Support for Project Lead the Way (PLTW) 2014-2015 School Year Users
- Fixed issue when deleting graphical blocks and ROBOTC would crash.
- Improved error messages/status messages for Tele-Op based downloads with VEX IQ
- Improved Licensing system features to provide more debugging feedback for -9105 errors.
- Fixed to revert issue causing bad message replies on the VEX Cortex system which prevent downloading user programs. (4.09 only)
- Updated CHM files and fixed issues in ROBOTC opening the wrong CHM file.
- Update colors properly with the new document architecture with graphical.
- EV3 – Casper update to prevent crashing when using VMWare Virtual Machines.
- VEX IQ Graphical – Add USB ‘Directional Pad/POV Hat’ values for use with armControl with Virtual Worlds for IQ
- VEX IQ Graphical – Added the ability for Graphical XML Documents to contain “RBC Macro” parameters.
- Licensing system update to fix “heartbleed” like issues that may be present during activation.
- EV3/IQ – Eliminate duplicate identical definitions in robotcintrinsics.c for motor commands.
- Add new EV3 commands for sending I2C messages
- Fix a bug in compiler generation of ‘string’ concatenation (i.e. “+”) operator.
- Bug in code generation. Incorrect generation of opcode bytes for “opcdAssignGlobalSShort”; old format using 1-byte global index instead of new format with 2-bytes.
- Update timeouts for VEX Cortex with new Master Firmware 4.22 for use with VEXnet 2.0 Radios.
- Renamed DrawCircle to drawCircle
- Fix Compiler bug with “%” and “>>” opcodes. Most of the “>>=”, “<<=”, “%=”, “&”=, “|=”, and “~=” opcodes don’t care whether the left-hand operand is ‘signed’ or ‘unsigned’. That’s how they were treated in current compiler / VM. However, “>>” and “%” opcodes do care if “signed’ vs ‘unsigned’ where the operand size is either ‘char’ or ‘short’. This change fixes that situation. This problem has been undetected since the introduction of ‘unsigned char’ and ‘unsigned short’ types were introduced.
- 4WD Support for Natural Language with VEX IQ.
- VEX IQ Graphical – Changes to “moveMotor” command to allow it to move in reverse if user specifies a negative quantity or speed, not just speed
- VEX IQ Grahpical – Adjust the Graphical arcadeContorl and tankControl commands to only show channels; adjust armControl to only show buttons; add default values to most commands
- Virtual Worlds – regulated motor movements for RVW;
- VEX IQ – Fixed VEX IQ bug where I2C traffic would be considered “timed out” on VM startup.