I am currently streaming a live feed of my NXT on UStream. You can easily control the motor on my NXT using URLs like:
- http://xammy.demon.nl:81/MOTA=0 – stop the motor
- http://xammy.demon.nl:81/MOTA=100 – run the motor at 100% clockwise
- http://xammy.demon.nl:81/MOTA=-50 – run the motor at 50% counter-clockwise.
The power to the motor can range from –100 to 100, with 0 being “brake”. Be nice to the poor little NXT and observe these simple guidelines:
- Don’t try to feed it garbage, nobody will think you’re a l33t h4xor if you crash the NXT and if I track you down, I will send my NXT powered, hellfire missile armed quadrocopter to your house. It’s fully autonomic but it has some bugs, so waving a white flag may be perceived as a threat instead and it will act accordingly.
- It may crash and it may not respond as quickly as you’d like but give it time and don’t hammer it.
- If the light on the left is not ON then it’s not running.
- Don’t bother leaving messages in the comments or mail telling me it has crashed. I’ll check periodically to see if it is still responding and restart it if necessary.
It’s a very small webserver programmed in ROBOTC running on the NXT. It uses the new Dexter Industries WiFi sensor for the NXT. You can download the code right here: [LINK]. You’ll need to download my driver suite too as it uses the common.h file from there. The code is rough and mostly undocumented. Usual caveats apply. This program and driver will be part of the driver suite.